Friday 9 July 2010

An English Teacher

Good afternoon!

I would like to greet my choir co-member a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Guess, we are both teachers. The differences are that she teaches local students whereas I teach the ones from South Korea. After all, Korea is looking forward towards globalisation.

It's hard to imagine that I'll an English teacher, despite the fact that I earned BS Nursing Degree and I'm supposed to work in a hospital. But here I am, an online English teacher.

As a teacher, I should be very considerate of my students' needs and requests. But then, I'm just new to the online teaching environment. But I must say that I'm lucky because I am one of the 4 people who remained during our 4-week training proper. We were like more than 40 people. And now, it's only a matter of sacrifice, patience, and dedication to surpass all of the challenges and hardships.

But still, I lack the so-called "DEMEANOUR". How am I supposed to develop it?

I really need to develop my over-all performance as a teacher. That's all.

No comments: